Tuesday, July 10, 2012

In the Palace of Lady Eden

As the strange purple darkness
claimed its aftersun light,
and the dense woods changed its mood
from the green friendly to the mischievous dark,
I soon found myself wandering
in a desperate search for a place
where to finally lay my arms.

Yet the forest seemed to have no mercy,
not for drifters nor misdirected foes,
and before I could realize
I had surrendered far into the dusk
of my own weakness,
my own brutal and lethal wounds.

And in my dreams I saw casted
a beautiful woman of infinite might,
who in her walk, appeared to bend the trees back
blinded by her light, her brilliance,
so particularly expected from the midday sun.

And thus, amid this blazing light,
a group of dwarves and elves and men,
carried me up and healed my marks,
taking my cries to the now destroyed dark.

In the most beautiful palace I woke,
Lady Eden now sat beside me
and she spoke and filled my mind.

‘It is your duty now to be my man,
and from now this shall be your house’.

‘And you shall dwell with me. Forever.’


(Happy 22nd Birthday to me!)


New on Blackprint Poetry: Blog Recommendations


Today's recommendation goes to my favourite poetry blogger on the web: Splmartin and his beyond-incredible blog Read between the Minds. Make sure to check his incredible work at:

http://slpmartin.wordpress.com/

See you soon!

12 comments:

Diana Lee said...

A lovely read and wishing you a very Happy Birthday!

Patricia Singleton said...

Happy Birthday Juan. Words can give us relief from our pain. Thanks for sharing this with me on Twitter.

ELIZABETH SPRATT said...

Inspiring.Especially your cries being taken away.That you are free. Very well written.

Fev-rocks said...

Happy Birthday Juan. I absolutely loved your poem. So much depth and description to it, and you chose beautiful words which flowed perfectly. I especially love how you told a story with this one. Awesome work! Regards Paul

Brian Miller said...

fascinating man...love the fantasy feel to it...and sounds like it could be the start of something rather epic....i like it much...and hey happy birthday...22...wow wish i was writing at 22....

Faezah Zee said...

Happy bithday Juan. Yes its a lovely poem. And thanks for sharing with me on twitter too. Unconditional love can even occurs among strangers I believe.

FZ ♥

Unknown said...

this is quite good! I agree with Brian that this could be the start of something epic. Happy belated birthday.

Robby said...

NICE!

Shawn said...

The story here is much greater. Your final word "Forever" is so very haunting. It provides a darkness. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Wow..

Michael said...

Beautiful and haunting abode, where romance is the ribbon in the air, the sense of being taken to another place and time is the blooming feeling of the black rose. This poem captures all the essence that lingers after love and tragedy entwine.

mrs mediocrity said...

we should all live in the forest... love the story, and the fantasy, in this... romantic and dark at the same time.